Pacer Android supports direct data syncing with Fitbit.
iOS users: At this time, Pacer iOS does NOT directly connect with Fitbit.
1. Ensure you have connected & synced your Fitbit with the Fitbit phone app.
2. Launch Pacer, and tap the Me Menu in the bottom left corner of the screen. Then tap the Settings Gear icon in the top right corner.
3. Scroll down to Data & Syncing, choose Apps & Devices, and then choose Fitbit.
4. Ensure you are logged into your Pacer account. Then, follow the prompts to connect your Fitbit to allow Pacer to access and write the data in your Fitbit account.
5. Log into your Fitbit account and give yourself a high five. Your Fitbit is connected to Pacer.
What data is synced between Fitbit and Pacer?
Synced from Fitbit to Pacer
- Active time***
- Manually logged activity†
Synced from Pacer to Fitbit:
- GPS exercise‡
*Pacer will sync your steps and activity data starting from the day you connect Fitbit with Pacer. Pacer will not sync historical data from before the connection.
**Calories are the number of calories burned during the day as calculated by Fitbit for periods of time when you were active above sedentary level. This value is calculated minute by minute for the minutes that fall under this criteria. This includes BMR for those minutes as well as calories burned through activities.
***For more information on Active time, please review the Fitbit support page:http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1379.
†Manually logged activity data from Fitbit will be synced to Pacer, but will be deducted from all Pacer’s social features including group and challenge rankings.
‡After connecting with Fitbit, you can still track your activity using Pacer’s GPS exercise feature as well. However, we recommend you use Fitbit only to track those GPS sessions to avoid double counting them.
What will not work in Pacer once Fitbit is connected?
Since Fitbit does not provide detailed hour-by-hour data to Pacer, all 24-hour charts in Pacer will be empty. This includes charts on the Home Page, the Me Menu, and My Coach.