Pacer is compatible with all types of iPhone. If your Pacer isn't counting steps properly, please try the following trouble shooting tips:
For iPhone 4, 4s, 5, and 5c:
- In your iPhone's settings, make sure that "Background App Refresh" is enabled for Pacer.
- In your iPhone's settings, make sure that "Location Services" is enabled for Pacer.
- When you exit the app, do not force close it (swiping up on the multi tasking menu), as this will stop Pacer from working in the background.
- Your device might not have enough memory to allow apps to run in the background. Try to clear up some memory on your device and restart your Pacer app from time to time.
*Note: Pacer is designed to count steps all day long in the background. However, if you never open the app, your iPhone will recognize it as inactive and the app will stop counting steps. Therefore, we recommend opening Pacer and checking your steps at least once a day.
For iPhone 5s and above:
- Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh > choose WLAN & Cellular Data > Scroll Down and find Pacer > turn on.
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Motion & Fitness > Turn on both Fitness Tracking and permission for Pacer.
- Your iPhone's built-in motion sensor might have malfunctioned. Typically this can be fixed by force restarting your device (hold the home and screen lock buttons).
- Try not to manually change your system time (particularly to the future) as time changes can confuse the step counter.
If you are syncing Pacer with Apple Health:
- Go to Apple Health > Sources > Pacer > Turn On All Categories.
- Open Pacer, go to Me > Settings > Apple Health and tap Re-sync.