Aside from activities recorded and synced by smartphones or wearables, you can manually record step-based and non-step-based activities to your Pacer account. This also helps if you forgot a recording device but know your activity type and time duration.
Manually added activities are saved in your individual Pacer account and added to your daily total. You can add or delete them at any time.
Pacer virtual challenges (Public, Group, Pacer for Teams) may or may not allow manual activities to count toward your progress. Check your challenge leaderboard rules section, and/or confirm with your challenge Admin.
Manually added activities created/saved in Pacer cannot be sent to any linked 3rd party apps (ex. Apple Health, Fitbit, Garmin).
Add an Activity
1. Open Pacer, and swipe up on the Pacer home screen.
2. iOS - Tap Activity under the Log My Health Data heading.
Android - Tap Log Activity under the Do More heading.
3. Select the appropriate activity type or select a Custom activity at the very bottom of the Step-Based list.
4. Input your activity data. You can input/edit:
Date and start time (any time in the past to the current time on your smartphone)
Steps (30,000 max per manual entry)
Walk + Run distance (1,000 km/621 miles max per manual entry)
Photo/Image (1 max per manual entry)
5. Pacer will automatically calculate step, distance, and calorie values based on your challenge type and duration. Scroll to the bottom of this article to view/download Pacer Activity Conversion Chart.
6. Tap Add to add Pacer's calculation and tap Save.
Pacer will apply the values to the calendar day you chose and will reflect them in your app home screen totals.
If you added an activity to a previous day, tap the calendar icon in the top right corner of the home screen. Then tap the appropriate date to view your totals for that day.
View & Delete an Activity
You cannot edit saved activities. If you need to make changes, add a new activity with the correct values and delete the incorrect one.
Deleted activities cannot be recovered.
Method 1 - Home Screen/Log Activity
1. Open Pacer, and swipe up on the home page.
2. Tap Activity (iOS) or Log Activity (Android).
3. Tap History in the top right corner.
4. Choose the activity you want to delete. Swipe left to display the Delete button. Tap Delete and confirm.
Method 2 - Me Menu/Activity & Log History
1. Access the Me Menu in the bottom left corner of the Pacer screen and scroll down to the last option: Activity & Log History.
2. Choose the activity you want to delete. Swipe left to display the Delete button. Tap Delete and confirm.
Manually Added Activities in Pacer Challenges
For some Pacer challenges, manually added activities DO NOT count toward challenge participation. Examples are Pacer global challenges, Pacer Groups, and Pacer for Teams. Refer to the challenge rules in the challenge leaderboard, and/or confirm with your challenge admin.