There are two participant data variations you can view and export in the P4T Admin platform:
1. Data from a specific challenge: start and end dates, data source types, and daily data limits. This coincides with the Pacer in-app challenge leaderboard in the Challenges tab.
2. Raw data that participants sync on a daily basis and does not include start and end dates and other rules. This coincides with the Pacer in-app leaderboard in the Data Center Tab.
If you have created a challenge in the Pacer for Teams system, you can access the data in the Overview window after you sign in to the Admin platform. Click the challenge you'd like to view/download.
Scroll past the Challenge Rules to the Challenge Leaderboard, where participants and teams are ranked in real-time based on the challenge's key metric: steps, distance, points, or time.
You can view both the individual and team leaderboards by clicking either one. The system will display the top 3 performers, and you can scroll and search in both the individual and team leaderboard for others.
The challenge leaderboard will also display two Pacer challenge tiebreaker metrics in case a daily data limit creates a leaderboard tie. The first is GPS Tracked Steps Percentage, which is how much activity data has been recorded with a Pacer app or wearable GPS session. The second is Likes, which is the number of times other challenge participants have liked the person's rank in the challenge leaderboard.
If you'd like to view one specific team's progress and rankings, click the All Teams column and choose the appropriate team. If you'd like to see everyone again, choose All Teams.
Downloading Challenge Data
You can export/download the challenge information in a spreadsheet file at any time by clicking the green Download button in the top right corner. This is the exact data/rankings participants see in the Pacer app challenge leaderboard. It includes data captured and sorted by the start and end dates, along with any rules that you set, such as manually-added activities and daily limits.
The file will include both an individual and team tab. Download it as often as you'd like during the challenge or after the challenge has finished.
The spreadsheet will include the following information:
- PacerID (unique code for each Pacer user, useful for Pacer Support Tickets)
- Name (participant creates, Admin can change after in Admin platform)
- Email (visible if a participant linked an email account, blank if not)
- Team (if assigned to a team)
- Challenge data total (at time of export, steps, data, points, or time)
If a challenge has not yet started, there will no challenge data and you cannot export anything. If you'd like to download your P4T Organization participant roster, follow the directions below.
Manage Challenges Window
You can export the same challenge data from the Window where you created the challenge. This includes data captured and sorted by the start and end dates, along with any rules that you set. You can export it during the challenge or after the challenge has finished.
Click the Manage Challenges button and then under the Actions column, click the cloud/download button.
Overview - Organization at a Glance
The Overview - Organization at a Glance area is continuous data flow from all users in your P4T Org since they joined the Org. It's designed to monitor user engagement and trends. It is not filtered by challenge rules set in place, and will most likely be much higher, based on your daily limit cap. It can also include manually added activity data if you allow it in your Org - check your P4T Org Settings. If you download data from this area, you must filter the data to reflect your challenge rules.
Choose Time Period & Data Type
The green Export data button is located in the top right corner of the Individual Leaderboard. Admins have the ability to sort & export P4T user data by various time parameters:
Today’s Total Steps
Yesterday’s Total Steps
Calendar Month Average Steps/Day (resets every month)
Custom Dates (most useful)
Admins also have the ability to sort & export a few data measures:
Steps, Distance, Calories Burned for Today and Yesterday’s time sorting.
For Month to Date and Custom sorting, Admins can choose averages.
Click the arrow next to the current stat being displayed and choose the measure you’d like.
Create Custom Sorting Dates - Individuals and Teams
1. In the Individual Leaderboard time sorting bar, click Custom.
2. A start date/end date range will automatically generate. Click anyone on the date range to open up the calendar.
3. Click the desired start date for your sort, which will become surrounded by a blue box.
4. Click the desired end date for your sort, which will become surrounded by a blue box.
5. The calendar will close and the selected date range will be valid. You are free to change the dates whenever you wish by repeating these steps.
Once you have selected your desired time period and data type, click the Export button. The spreadsheet will include totals and daily breakdowns for both individuals and teams. It will also include key user information.
If you have allowed manually added activities to count in your P4T Org and/or challenges, the report will include extra tabs that display manually added data totals for each user/team.
- Total = Recorded (pedometer + GPS) + Manually Added