A P4T Enterprise subscription gives Admins the ability to create a more customized challenge experience for participants in the Manage Challenges Menu. Admins can create and schedule individual total step challenges for any time period in the future - day, week, month, etc. - and download the data in one convenient place. Put another way, it allows Admins to zed/zero participant step counts.
This feature is only available for Enterprise subscriptions or free trials. Please contact the Pacer for Teams Support Team for more info.
Creating a Challenge
1. Click Manage Challenges in the Admin bar, and click the blue Create button to bring up the challenge creation box. Note: The initial custom challenge type available is individual total steps. More types will be added in the future.
2. Choose the challenge start and end times by clicking the box and choosing the desired start date for your sort, which will become surrounded by a blue box.
3. Click the desired end date for your sort, which will become surrounded by a blue box.
4. The calendar will close and the selected date range will be valid. Note: You can only create challenges that start on your current date, or in the future. You cannot create challenges that have a start date before your current date.
5. Select whether to allow your Pacer for Teams Org participants to join an open challenge that is underway, by choosing Yes, or close it off by selecting No. Yes is the default setting, and you can change this feature at any time by clicking the Edit button.
6. If you want to have more control over hyperactive competitors or possible cheaters, you can set a daily maximum step limit that will disallow any data that exceeds the limit. 30,000 steps is the default maximum limit, and is an attainable amount on a weekend day for a very active person.
7. Enter a name for your challenge: Ex. Pacer for Teams Challenge 2019.
8. Enter a description for your challenge: Ex. Motivational quotes, company mottos, reasons for the challenge, etc.
9. Enter a reward description for your challenge: Ex. Prize, Healthy Lunch Party, Bragging Rights.
10. Click Publish and give yourself a high five.
Managing & Editing Custom Challenges
You can modify the above features, export/download the challenge data, or delete a challenge you have created that hasn’t started by using the Edit panel. Note: Once a challenge is completed, only the Export option is available.
Note: You can go back and edit any challenge information before the challenge begins, but the dates will be locked. If you need to change the challenge dates, simply delete the challenge and re-create it. Do not delete the challenge while it’s underway or you will lose all challenge data.
Click the pencil and paper icon to edit any or all challenge rules and click Publish. Note: To cancel/abort the changes, click the Cancel button, or click the X button in the top right corner.
Click the cloud export icon to download the current challenge data. The Pacer for Teams system will generate and download a spreadsheet that features individual and group leaderboards, with other key participant information.
Click the trash can icon to begin the deletion process, and then click Yes to confirm deletion. Note: After deletion, your challenge data cannot be recovered.