Joining a P4T challenge in the Pacer app is quick and easy and takes only a few minutes.
You will need:
A smartphone (Android or iOS)
The Pacer app
Your step challenge's Org invite link or invite QR code, and Org Code, provided by your challenge Administrator.
Your Admin will most likely send you an invite link, via email or text message, that looks like this:
https://www.mypacer.com/organizations/aa00000/invite (Example Only)
The code embedded in the link is your P4T Org Code
1. Tap the invite link on your smartphone and follow the prompts to download Pacer. Your joining process sequence will look like the following, and will include a visit to the Apple App or Google Play store to download the Pacer app (not shown):
If you are creating a Pacer account for the first time, Pacer will ask you a few additional health questions to help configure Pacer. This information is private and not shared with anyone in your challenge.
- Pacer will ask you to enter a challenge code. Enter your Org Code, tap join, and agree to our Terms of Service.
2. If you already have a Pacer account, they can always choose the Log In button in the top right corner of the screen during the invitation process, or go straight to the Pacer Home screen, tap the challenge search button, and enter the Org code.
If your Admin has already created small teams for your challenge, Pacer will ask you to choose one before you enter the challenge organization.
If your Admin did not create any, just tap the Standard team, or whatever single one is visible.
If for some reason the Join Org screen does not appear after you launch Pacer and create an account, tap your Org invite link one more time to force push the process.
3. You have successfully joined your challenge's P4T Organization. Congrats! You will be automatically entered into any challenges your Admin team creates.
- See the accessing the challenge leaderboards article for more details.
4. If your Admin has provided you an invite QR code, it acts identical to the invite link process explained above. Scan the code and follow the process.
As a challenge participant, you only need to register a Pacer account in the Pacer app. You do not need to register an account on the Pacer for Teams website, which is only for your challenge administrator.