Joining a P4T challenge in the Pacer app is quick and easy and takes only a few minutes.
You will need:
A smartphone (Android or iOS)
The Pacer app
Your step challenge's Organization invite link, invite QR code, provided by your challenge Administrator.
Your Admin will most likely send you an invite link, via email or text message, that looks like this:
https://www.mypacer.com/organizations/aa00000/invite (Example Only)
1. Tap the invite link on your smartphone and follow the prompts to download Pacer. Your joining process sequence will look like the following, and will include a visit to the Apple App or Google Play store to download the Pacer app (not shown):
- If you are creating a Pacer account for the first time, Pacer will ask you a few additional health questions to help configure Pacer. This information is private and not shared with anyone in your challenge.
- If you are a returning Pacer user, log back into your account. Visit our Pacer account support site if you can't remember your login information.
2. Once you have successfully downloaded Pacer and created an account, the app will use your P4T Org invite link to guide you through the rest of the join process. The sequence will look like this:
- If your Admin has already created small teams for your challenge, Pacer will ask you to choose one before you enter the challenge organization. If your Admin did not create any, just tap the Standard team, or whatever single one is visible.
- If for some reason the Join Org screen does not appear after you launch Pacer and create an account, tap your Org invite link one more time to force push the process.
3. You have successfully joined your challenge's P4T Organization. Congrats!
- If your sponsoring company or organization purchased a Pacer for Teams Enterprise subscription, and has already created a custom challenge, you will see your Challenge Tab first.
- If you are using Pacer for Teams Standard/Free version, you will see the Data Center tab first, and will not have access to the Challenge Tab.
4. If your Admin has provided you an invite QR code, it acts identical to the invite link process explained above. Scan the code and follow the process.
As a challenge participant, you only need to register a Pacer account in the Pacer app. You do not need to register an account at the Pacer for Teams website, which is only for your challenge Administrator.