Regularly Sync Your Data
Participants must launch the Pacer app once every 1-2 days to ensure challenge activity data is up to date.
- Pacer is unable to automatically pull data from a smartphone, so it must be launched periodically to collect activity data and send it to the Pacer servers. The transfer should be very quick, but there could be a delay of a few hours. This is normal.
- Pacer iOS only needs to be opened for 15-20 seconds, so launch the app and allow it to collect and update your activity data. Pacer Android will be working in the background, so ensure your Android phone settings are optimized.
- When you do launch the app, access the challenge leaderboards and support other challenge participants with likes, or check out other great Pacer features.
Syncing Wearables & 3rd Party Apps (Apple Health & Google Fit)
- If you have a fitness wearable, please visit our Pacer support page on the wearables to see whether yours can be linked. If not, your smartphone will be your fitness tracker.
- If you have an iPhone/iWatch and want to link Apple Health to Pacer, please visit our Pacer support page for detailed instructions.
- If you cannot sync your wearable to Pacer, and you notice different step counts between your wearable and Pacer, refer to this support guide.
If you think your step counts are wrong for some reason, take the following steps:
- If you are manually adding activities to your Pacer app, confirm whether your P4T challenge Admin is allowing manually added activities. If not, you will notice a step/distance reduction in the challenge leaderboards compared to your home screen data. This is normal.
- Ensure you have the most updated Pacer version from the Apple or Google app stores.
- Turn off/on your smartphone, launch Pacer, and see if that corrected the issue.
- If you have an iPhone, and you have synced Pacer iOS to Apple Health, refer to this article about differing step counts and resync the two apps again.
- If you have connected your Fitbit to Pacer Android, check your connection.
If the syncing methods above do not work:
- Take any screenshots of the issue that can help explain what is happening.
- Locate and note your Pacer ID in the Pacer Settings Menu.
- Use the Feedback Portal in Pacer Android or Pacer iOS to directly contact Pacer Health. Your phone will send detailed data to help us diagnose the issue. Be sure to add the screenshots to help explain the problem
- Contact your challenge Admin and share the screenshots and descriptions.