Regularly Sync Your Data
Participants must launch the Pacer app once every 1-2 days to ensure challenge activity data is up to date.
- Pacer is unable to automatically pull data from a smartphone, so it must be launched periodically to collect activity data and send to the Pacer servers.
- Pacer only needs to be opened for 15-20 seconds, so launch the app, access the challenge leaderboards and confirm your step data is synced.
- When you do launch the app, spend a few minutes like supporting other participants in the challenge with likes, or check out other great Pacer features.
Syncing Fitness Wearables & Apple Health
- If you have a fitness wearable, please visit our Pacer support page on the wearables to see whether yours can be linked. If not, your smartphone will be your fitness tracker.
- If you have an iPhone/iWatch, and want to link Apple Health to Pacer, please visit our Pacer support page for detailed instructions.
- If you cannot sync your wearable to Pacer, and you notice different step counts between your wearable and Pacer, refer to this support guide.
If you are only using your phone, and think your step counts are wrong for some reason, take the following steps:
- Ensure you have the most updated Pacer version from the Apple or Google app stores.
- Hard reset your phone, launch Pacer, and see if that corrected the issue.
- If you have an iPhone, and you have synced Pacer iOS to Apple Health, refer to this article about differing step counts and resync the two apps again.
- If you have connected your Fitbit to Pacer Android, check your connection.
If the above syncing methods do not work:
- Take any screenshots of the issue that can help explain what is happening.
- Locate and note your Pacer ID in the Pacer Settings Menu.
- Contact your challenge Admin and share the screenshots and description.
- Use the Feedback Portal in Pacer Android or Pacer iOS to directly contact Pacer Health. Your phone will send a detailed phone log. Be sure to add the screenshots to help explain the problem.