If you've chosen Google Fit, Fitbit, or Garmin as your data source instead of your smartphone's built-in step counter, our newly released Pacer version (7.12.1 and above) allows you to re-sync activity data for a specific day when your chosen data source records more steps or distance than what is displayed in Pacer.
1. Launch Pacer, tap the Trends Menu and then choose the Steps metric near the top of the screen. Then tap the All Data button under the steps bar graph.
2. Tap the specific day you’d like to re-sync, which will direct you to the data specifics for that day. Tap the Re-Sync button at the bottom of the screen.
3. If Pacer detects a difference between the original data displayed in Pacer and what is shown in your primary data source, Pacer will direct you to another page displaying the specific data difference. "Source" is by definition your chosen data source, and then tap the blue Yes, use this data button. The correct data from your source will then override what was originally shown in Pacer.
1. The re-sync function only works when the data values in your activity data source are more than what is shown in Pacer. You are not able to re-sync a lesser value.
2. The re-sync option only applies to the previous 60 calendar days. For example, you will not see the re-sync option for 1 December if it is already 2 March.
3. Using Fitbit or Garmin as a data source will support a re-sync from the day you connected your wearable with Pacer. You are not able to re-sync any time before the calendar day that Fitbit or Garmin was not your designated primary data source.
Should you have any other problems re-syncing your data, please contact Support by sending an in-app message.