Pacer Android supports direct data syncing with Garmin wearables.
You must be a Pacer Premium subscriber, Pacer Virtual Adventure Challenge participant and/or a Pacer for Teams Enterprise version challenge participant to connect Pacer with Fitbit devices. You can purchase Pacer Premium subscriptions in the Google Play App Store, or talk to your Pacer for Teams Admin for more information.
1. Ensure you have connected & synced your Garmin wearable with the Garmin Connect Android app, and you have installed the most updated version of Pacer Android.
2. Launch Pacer, access the Me Menu and then tap the gear Settings icon in the top right corner.
3. Scroll down to Data & Syncing area and choose Steps Data Source.
4. Tap Garmin, and then tap the Use Garmin as Primary Data Source button to the On position.
5. You will be directed to a Garmin website to login with your Garmin user name and password credentials. Once you successfully login and accept Garmin/Pacer data sharing policies, you will receive a successful connection page.
6. Finally, confirm your chosen wearable is the Primary Data Source by ensuring your Garmin is the In Use data source, and read the Tips section to confirm the following:
- Only steps and activities starting from the day you linked your Garmin device to Pacer will be synced. Previous days will not be pulled in.
- Manually logged activities in your Garmin account do not count towards Pacer challenges and Group rankings.
- Some data charts, such as the 24-hour activity chart, will be disabled because Fitbit does not supply that specific data.
Daily Syncing Suggestions & Troubleshooting
You should first sync your Garmin wearable data with the Garmin Connect app after activities or at various times during the day, and then launch Pacer so it can sync with Garmin Connect. Syncing between apps should fairly quick (10-15 seconds) but could take a few moments longer. Then the data on your wearable, Garmin Connect, and Pacer should all be the same, as long as you're not moving around.
You can access the Pacer/Garmin syncing area by swiping up on the Pacer Home screen and confirm when the last data sync occurred. Push the refresh button to force a sync if it hasn't happened in a while.