Challenge Admins can allow member/participant messaging in the Social Feed tab in their P4T Organization to increase participant connectivity, positive engagement, and virtual challenge social support.
1. Admins can choose to enable or disable (default) the P4T Org Social Feed whenever they'd like.
2. If enabled, all participants can post messages and photos, which can be immediately liked and commented on. If disabled, participants who attempt to post a message will receive a disabled feed message.
3. Likes and comments will be visible after the posts or in the participant's Pacer app Message Center
4. Posts can be deleted in the Pacer app by the person who posted it, or by Admins in the web platform. They cannot be edited or flagged.
5. Admins can also send Announcements to all participants in their Pacer for Teams Org. Visit the P4T Admin Announcement support article for more information.
Social Feed Activation
The Social Feed tab in a P4T Org is disabled by default, so Admins must activate it in the P4T web portal Admin Settings area. It takes just a second to activate:
1. Tap the Settings gear icon next to your P4T Org's name, scroll down to Participant Settings, and ensure the social Feed post feature is set to the Yes/On position.
2. Click the Social Feed menu in the left toolbar to access your P4T Org's Social Feed. All posts by participants, along with Admin announcements, will be displayed here. The menu will display whether the Feed feature is Disabled or Enabled, and also features a quick link to the Admin Settings area to turn the feature on and off as needed.
3. Once it's active, any member/participant who has joined your P4T Org in the Pacer app can now post messages and photos that everyone can see.
Social Feed Posting Process for Participants
1. Participants can access the P4T Org and Social Feed area by first accessing any active challenge(s) pinned to their Pacer app Home page, and then tap the P4T Org button, just above the challenge leaderboard. The Social Feed area by default should be the first visible.
If there is/are no active challenge(s), then P4T Org members can access the Org and Social Feed by swiping up on the Pacer Home screen and choosing My Team, or by tapping the Explore Menu on the bottom right corner of the screen and then tapping Corporate in the top right corner.
2. To post, members can tap the blue photo icon in the bottom right corner of the P4T Org, add an optional title, write a message, and attach photos from their smartphone roll, or take a live photo at that moment. Once they are happy with the content, they should tap the Post button in the top right corner.
The post will then be visible in the Social Feed in both the Pacer app and the P4T Admin portal, and other members/participants can like and comment.
P4T Admin Portal
Social Feed Message Deletion - Members & Admins
Whoever posts a message in the Social Feed can delete it by tapping the extra options button (...) in the top right corner of the post. They cannot edit the post, so if they make a mistake, they must first delete the post and repeat the process above. Deleted posts cannot be recovered.
Admins have the ability to delete any post in the P4T Admin portal by finding the message in the Social Feed Menu, clicking the trash can icon in the top right corner of the post, and confirm the deletion. Deleted posts cannot be recovered.
Accessing Likes and Comments - Pacer Message Center
After a challenge starts and the Social Feed becomes active, participants will begin to see notifications accumulate in the Pacer app Message area in the top right corner of the Home page. Tap the Message icon to access the various messages, and tap the message itself to see who sent it and in what area of the Pacer app it was sent.
Participants can also toggle Message Settings by tapping the Settings gear icon in the top right corner of the Message Center page. Activate and Deactivate as desired, and tap the Save button in the top right corner.
Visit the P4T Admin Announcement support article for more information on creating and scheduling official announcements.