Announcements are a great way to send challenge info, cheer on participants, share health and wellness content, and more. Admins can create and schedule messages in the Pacer social feed that all organization members will see and can interact with.
1. All announcements are managed in the web-based P4T admin platform and are sent to the P4T org social feed area in the Pacer app.
2. Announcements can include written content, photos files, and external web links.
3. All P4T org members will receive an app notification see a pop-up when they launch Pacer. Announcements cannot be sent to specific individuals or teams.
4. They can be sent immediately, or scheduled for a future time according to the admin's local time zone.
5. They can be edited and deleted after being sent.
Creating and Scheduling Announcements
1. Sign in and click Announcements in the left control panel. Click the blue Create a New Announcement button.
2. You can add a title, write or paste content, add optional images by clicking the Plus button, and add a web link.
You can attach up to 9 images, no bigger than 10 MB each. Most file types are supported.
3. If you want to send out the announcement immediately, choose the Post Now option. The announcement should post in a short amount of time but could delay a few minutes.
If you want to schedule single or multiple announcements for a future date, click the Post Now box and choose the Schedule option from the drop-down menu.
Choose the desired date and time of day and click the blue Schedule button, which will return you to the announcement content.
Note that the world time zone you are located in is the designated posting time: a scheduled post at 9:00 AM in your time zone (ex. London, 0 GMT) will post at 10:00 am in your German colleague's time zone (CET, +1 GMT).
4. Check to ensure your content and schedule time are correct and click the Schedule Announcement button.
If you made a scheduled time mistake, you can click the scheduled time link and adjust the time as necessary.
5. Once an announcement has been scheduled, it is immediately accessible in the Announcement History window pane.
If you scheduled it for immediate release, you will see the message and the exact time it was sent.
If you discover a mistake, you can edit or delete the content. Click Edit (paper and pencil icon) in the top right corner to make changes. Delete it by clicking Delete (trash can icon) and confirming the removal. Deleted posts cannot be undone.
When you schedule an announcement for a future day and time, you will see its status and scheduled time below the announcement content.
You can edit the content and the scheduled time by clicking Edit (paper and pencil icon) in the top right corner. Adjust as necessary, and tap the Save button.
If you want to remove it, click Delete (trash can icon) and confirm the deletion. Deleted posts cannot be undone.
Announcement Experience for Participants
When an announcement is posted, participants will receive a Pacer App notification. When Pacer is launched, the pop-up will appear on the home screen. Participants must view it, and then can like or comment.
The announcement will appear in the social feed area in the P4T Org, which can be liked and commented on. Members can view all announcements by tapping Feed and scrolling down.