Announcements are a great way to send important challenge details, cheer on and support participants, share health and wellness-related content, and more. Admins can create and schedule media-rich messages in the Social Feed tab that all members of their P4T Organization will see and can interact with.
1. All announcements are managed in the web-based P4T Admin platform and are sent to the Pacer for Teams Org Social Feed area in the Pacer app.
2. Announcements can include written content, photos of various sizes and types, and external web links.
3. All challenge participants will receive phone message notifications, along with Pacer in-app notifications and quick links to the announcements. Announcements cannot be sent to specific individuals or teams.
4. They can be sent immediately, or scheduled for a future time.
5. They can be edited and deleted.
Creating and Scheduling Announcements
1. Log in to the Admin platform and click the Announcements area in the left control panel, which will bring the Annnouncment area into the main window pane. Click the blue Create a New Announcement button.
2. Add an optional title, write or paste copied content, add optional images by clicking the Plus button, and add an optional weblink.
You can attach up to 9 images, no bigger than 10 MB each. Most file types are supported.
3. If you want to send out the announcement immediately to your P4T Org members, then choose the Post Now option, which is the default announcement, and click the blue Create button. The announcement should post in a very short time but could be delayed a minute or two.
If you want to schedule single or multiple future announcements, then click the Post Now box and choose the Schedule option from the drop-down menu.
Choose your desired date and time of day and click the blue Schedule button, which will return you to the announcement content.
Note that the world time zone you are located in is the designated posting time: a scheduled post at 9:00 AM in your time zone (ex. London, 0 GMT) will post at 10:00 am in your German colleague's time zone (CET, +1 GMT).
4. Check to ensure your content and schedule time is correct and click the Schedule Announcement button.
If you made a schedule time mistake, you can click the scheduled time link and adjust the time as necessary, and schedule the announcement.
5. Once an announcement has been scheduled, it is immediately accessible in the Announcement History window pane.
If you scheduled it for immediate release, you will see the message and the exact time it was sent.
Note: If you discover a mistake, you can edit the content by clicking the Edit paper and pencil icon in the top right corner or delete/remove the announcement by clicking the Delete trash can icon and confirming the removal. Deleted posts are unable to be recovered.
When you schedule an announcement for a future day and time, you will see the Scheduled status message, along with the scheduled time, below the announcement content.
You can edit the content and the scheduled time by clicking the Edit paper and pencil in the top right corner. Adjust as necessary, and tap the Save button.
If you want to remove it, click the Delete trash can icon and confirm the deletion. Deleted posts are unable to be recovered.
Announcement Experience for Participants
Once an announcement is officially released in the system, participants will receive a Pacer App notification on their phones. When Pacer is launched, the message will appear on the home screen, which they can view and then interact with.
The announcement will appear in the Social Feed area in the P4T Org, which can be liked and commented on. Members/participants simply need to scroll down.