Pacer Android supports direct data syncing with Samsung Health.
You must first install the Samsung Health app on your phone and ensure it is working properly to pair it with Pacer.
1. Ensure you have installed the Samsung Health app on your device and it is recording your activity data correctly.
2. Launch Pacer, go to Pacer Home (the shoe icon), and then tap the profile pic. in the top left corner.
3. Scroll down to Steps Data Source.
4. Tap the Samsung Health/Watch Connect button, and then tap the Use Samsung Health as Primary Data Source button to the On position.
5. Review the Tips section to confirm the following:
- Only steps and activities starting from the day you linked Samsung Health with Pacer will be synced to Pacer. Previous days will not be pulled in.
- Manually logged activities in your Garmin account do not count towards Pacer challenges and Group rankings.
- Some charts will be disabled (e.g. 24-hour chart) since Samsung Health does not provide that data to Pacer.
6. Confirm Pacer connection with Samsung Health by going to Pacer homepage.
Disconnecting Samsung Health
1. Launch Pacer, access the Me Menu, and then tap the Settings gear icon in the top right corner.
2. Scroll down to Data & Syncing area and choose Steps Data Source.
3. Tap Samsung Health/Watch In Use button, and then tap the Use Samsung Health as Primary Data Source button to the Off position.
4. Your Primary data source will revert back to your phone and you can choose to connect with another data source.
Sync my Samsung Watch to Pacer through Samsung Health
After syncing Pacer with Samsung Health, you can pull your Samsung Watch activity data to Pacer through Samsung Health. Please go to your Samsung Health app to check supported watches and activity trackers.
Note that on a device that is not Samsung branded, you may install Samsung Health, but its performance can be less stable than on a Samsung device.
If you are having syncing issues, follow these steps:
1. Ensure you have the most updated Pacer Android version from the App Store.
2. Turn off/on your smartphone, launch Pacer, and see if that corrected the issue.
3. In the Me -> Settings menu, deactivate the Pacer/Samsung Health connection and re-sync.
4. If the above steps do not work, use the Feedback portal in the Me -> Settings menu to directly contact Pacer Support.