Every Pacer's story is different, and everyone's goals are their own. But we all share a common desire for a more active, healthier lifestyle. This is why Pacer seeks to provide a positive online community to help all of its members achieve their goals.
However, you should be careful when interacting with any online community, including on Pacer. While our moderators proactively remove users who violate our Community Standards, there is always a risk of encountering a person who will try to cheat you out of money or gain access to sensitive personal information.
Here are some things to watch out for when interacting with users on any online platform:
- A person who misrepresents his/ her real location.
- A person who creates a fake profile, claims to be from your country but is overseas for business or military service.
- A person who follows a lot of other users but has very few followers himself/ herself.
- A person who guarantees that you’ll make money, promises big payouts that will double your money in a short time, or promises free money in dollars or cryptocurrency.
- A person who asks you to pay for something, or to give him/ her money through unusual payment methods such as gift cards, wire transfers or cryptocurrencies.
- A person who claims to need money for emergencies, hospital bills or travel.
- A person who asks to have interaction with you on other apps like Hangouts or WhatsApp.
- A person who always gives compliments in order to gain your trust. Scammers seek to exploit your emotions by pulling on your heartstrings. Sometimes they will take months and months to build up a rapport.
Some scams are easy to spot while some aren’t, and you may not know you have been scammed until it’s too late. Always keep in mind that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Scammers might try to get you to do one of the following:
- Send money based on false promises
- Give out your personal details
- Agree to deals without getting advice
- Buy a product without checking it properly
If someone comes to you with one or more of the above behaviors, please report the person through the app with screenshots attached as proof or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.