How does it work?
- Register for the virtual race online and receive an email upon payment with your registration code and instructions.
- The code is for walkers/runners/hikers to enter the race in the Pacer app. Complete the race within the period by recording GPS walk/run/hike or syncing your activity from your connected devices automatically. If you wish to submit results of any other types such as cycling or wheelchair, you will need to send proof of completion to us via email or Facebook.
- You can decide when you want us to ship your medals. You may choose "no completion, no medal", in which case we will not ship your medal until you have completed your race. Alternatively, you can also ask us to ship your medal at the first available time regardless of your race completion status. You may make your choice at registration checkout.
Why am I not able to see the maps anymore?
The Planets of the Solar System are virtual races, which are different from our distance challenges such as the Rome and Mount Fuji challenges.
Virtual races must be completed in a single workout, rather than cumulatively over a longer period of time like distance challenges. The required distance for a virtual race is also typically shorter than that of distance challenges. For example, the Planets of the Solar System races require distances between 3km and 21km. In the Pacer app, virtual race participants can still see their progress, timeframe, and rules, but virtual races do not have a virtual map like distance challenges do.
How to submit my results?
You may submit your results automatically by tracking your activity via GPS in the Pacer app. Or, you can submit proof to us manually:
- If you are walking, running, or hiking: Use the Pacer app or connected device/service to record a GPS session. Currently, the Pacer app is able to connect with Garmin, Fitbit, Samsung, and GoogleFit.
- Other exercise types: For other exercise types, you will need to submit evidence to us via firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook message. Please inform us of your order# and which race you have completed.
Do I have to complete the virtual race with one workout?
Yes. Different from the distance challenges, you must complete virtual races in one go. We will accept GPS-tracked walk/run/hike exercises from the Pacer app or connected devices. You may also submit proof of any other type of workout via email at email@example.com along with your order# and which race you have completed.
What types of workouts are accepted?
We will accept all distance-based workout types: walk, run, hike, cycling, wheelchair, etc.
- Currently, the Pacer app only accepts walk/run/hike recorded by GPS feature or GPS workouts synced over from connected 3rd party devices.
- We accept results of all types of workouts submitted via email or Facebook. Just send over your screenshots/photos and inform us your order# and which race you have completed.
How much time do I have to complete the race?
You can choose to complete a planetary race in any month of 2021. If you wish to change the month of the race, you can quit and rejoin before the race's end date.
I've sent you my results. Why am I not seeing my progress/score/rank?
Currently, the Pacer app only accepts GPS-tracked walk/run/hike activity to be counted toward virtual races. If you wish to complete the race with the Pacer app, you should record your GPS workout using Pacer or using your connected devices. We will also acknowledge results submitted via email/Facebook, but in that case, your completion status won't be updated in the app.
Do I have to complete the virtual race one after another?
Yes. The app will ask that you complete one race at a time, and will require you to complete any unfinished races before entering a new one. This is to prevent participants from completing multiple races with the same activity.
Can I still get the medal if I didn't finish the race within the period?
You can decide when you want us to ship your medals. You may choose "no completion, no medal", in which case we will not ship your medal until you have completed your race. Alternatively, you can also ask us to ship your medal at the first available time regardless of your race completion status. You may make your choice at registration checkout. Keep in mind that if you select "Ship medal only upon completion" but do not complete your race, we will not ship your medal.
Why am I seeing those crazy paces on the leaderboard?
Our virtual races aim to promote a more active and healthier lifestyle for everyone, and we encourage all participants to submit only honestly completed activities. That said, sometimes you may see other participants posting race results that seem implausible. Most of the time this is due to technical errors caused by abnormal device readings or poor GPS signal. In rare cases, some participants may intentionally post activities that exaggerate their pace. In these cases, it is best to keep in mind that we don't give any prizes for the fastest pace, and anyone who is cheating is really just cheating themselves!
Do you offer a special discount if I buy the whole series together?
Yes! We offer a 20% discount if you purchase the entire Planets of the Solar System virtual race pack. Please visit this page to get the whole collection. We also offer 10% off any purchase of 3 or more virtual challenges/races across the entire store.
How long does it take to get my medal?
Medals will be sent out within a week after payment or race/challenge completion depending on which preference you selected at checkout. Once shipped, you will receive an email with tracking details. It usually takes 7-20 business days to deliver depending on your address. Please refer to this article for shipping time details.
We offer free shipping anywhere the race/challenge is available.