How does it work?
Register for the virtual race online and receive an email upon payment with your registration code and instructions.
Access the virtual race using the code in Pacer app. Finish the required distance in a single session within the selected period and complete the race. You can record GPS activities and treadmill workouts using Pacer app, or sync activities from connected devices/apps. You can also upload proof of your efforts and manually submit results in Pacer.
You can decide when you want us to ship your medals. You may choose "no completion, no medal", in which case we will not ship your medal until you have completed your race. Alternatively, you can also ask us to ship your medal at the first available time regardless of your race completion status. You may make your choice at registration checkout.
Why am I not able to see the maps anymore?
The Planets of the Solar System are virtual races, which are different from our distance challenges such as the Rome and Mount Fuji challenges.
Virtual races must be completed in a single workout, rather than cumulatively over a longer period of time like distance challenges. The required distance for a virtual race is also typically shorter than that of distance challenges. For example, the Planets of the Solar System races require distances between 3km and 21km. In the Pacer app, virtual race participants can still see their progress, timeframe, and rules, but virtual races do not have a virtual map like distance challenges do.
How to submit my results?
You may submit your results automatically by tracking your activity via GPS in the Pacer app. Or, you can submit proof to us manually:
- Record and save a GPS-tracked activity using Pacer app. Eligible activities will be automatically counted towards any active race. Supported activity types: walking, hiking, running, treadmill and biking.
- Connect Pacer with 3rd party devices/apps. Use that device/app to record your activity, and your results will be automatically synced over. Currently, Pacer app is able to connect with Garmin, Fitbit, Samsung, Apple Watch, Apple Health Kit, and GoogleFit.
- You can also manually submit results in Pacer. Note that you need to upload photos/screenshots of your efforts. Submission without proof may be subject to removal from the race.
Do I have to complete the virtual race with one workout?
Yes. Working differently than the cumulative-distance challenges, virtual races ask the participants to finish the required distance with ONE single session. We will accept GPS-tracked activities recorded by the Pacer app or connected devices/apps. You may also upload proof of your efforts and manually submit results in the Pacer app.
What types of workouts are accepted?
We accept all distance-based workout types: walk, run, hike, cycling, wheelchair, etc. Activities recorded by Pacer app or connected devices/apps will be accepted. You may also manually submit activities and upload proof in Pacer app.
How much time do I have to complete the race?
You can choose to complete a planetary race in any month from now until Mar 2022. If you wish to change the month of the race, you can quit and rejoin before the race's end date.
I've sent you my results. Why am I not seeing my progress/score/rank?
1. You need to finish the required distance in ONE single session to complete a virtual race. Make sure that the result you submitted meets the requirement.
2. Note that Only activities started AFTER you join a virtual race will be counted towards the race. If you are manually submitting results in Pacer app, make sure the "date and time" is not too early.
3. If you are using a connected 3rd party device/app to record your activity, make sure the permissions are set correctly so that Pacer app is able to receive your result.
4. Double check your network. It may take some time for the activity data to be synced.
Do I have to complete the virtual race one after another?
Yes. The app will ask that you complete one race at a time, and will require you to complete any unfinished races before entering a new one. This is to prevent participants from completing multiple races with the same activity.
Can I still get the medal if I didn't finish the race within the period?
You can decide when you want us to ship your medals. You may choose "no completion, no medal", in which case we will not ship your medal until you have completed your race. Alternatively, you can also ask us to ship your medal at the first available time regardless of your race completion status. You may make your choice at registration checkout. Keep in mind that if you select "Ship medal only upon completion" but do not complete your race, we will not ship your medal.
Why am I seeing those crazy paces on the leaderboard?
Our virtual races aim to promote a more active and healthier lifestyle for everyone, and we encourage all participants to submit only honestly completed activities. That said, sometimes you may see other participants posting race results that seem implausible. Most of the time this is due to technical errors caused by abnormal device readings or poor GPS signals. In rare cases, some participants may intentionally post activities that exaggerate their pace. In these cases, it is best to keep in mind that we don't give any prizes for the fastest pace, and anyone who is cheating is really just cheating themselves!
Do you offer a special discount if I buy the whole series together?
Yes! We offer a 20% discount if you purchase the entire Planets of the Solar System virtual race pack. Please visit this page to get the whole collection. We also offer 10% off any purchase of 3 or more virtual challenges/races across the entire store.
How long does it take to get my medal?
Medals will be sent out within a week after payment or race/challenge completion depending on which preference you selected at checkout. Once shipped, you will receive an email with tracking details. It usually takes 7-20 business days to deliver depending on your address. Please refer to this article for shipping time details.