Pacer Android supports direct data syncing with Google Fit.
There are several ways to sync with Google Fit.
1. Launch Pacer, then tap the settings gear icon (⚙️) in the left corner of Home page to go to Step Counter Settings page.
2. Switch On Save Power with Google Fit. Then tap Activate and follow the prompts to activate your Google Fit to allow Pacer to access data in your Google account.
3. Connect with Google Fit successfully and give yourself a high five.
If your Pacer is already connected to Fitbit or another 3rd party data source, then there may not be a settings gear icon (⚙️) on your Home page. We suggest another method to connect Google Fit.
1. Launch Pacer and tap on Me in the bottom tab bar. Then tap the settings gear icon (⚙️) at the top right corner of the screen.
2. Scroll down to Data & Syncing, choose Steps Data Source, find "Save Power with Google Fit" and then tap Connect.
3. Follow the prompts to activate your Google Fit. You will then connect with Google Fit successfully.
Disconnecting Google Fit
There are several ways to disconnect Google Fit.
1. Tap the settings gear icon (⚙️) on the Home page to go to the Step Counter Settings page. You can also go to this page from Me page -> Settings -> Data & Syncing -> Steps Data Source and then tap Save Power with Google Fit or Steps Counter Settings.
2. Switch Off Save Power with Google Fit and confirm disconnection from Google Fit.
You can also disconnect Google Fit by connecting a new data source. Tap Me page -> Settings -> Data & Syncing -> Steps Data Source, then choose an available data source to connect. Once you connect a new data source, Google Fit will be disconnected automatically.
What data is synced between Google Fit and Pacer?
Synced from Google Fit to Pacer
- Manually logged activity**
*After you connect with Google Fit for the first time, Pacer will sync your past-7-days steps and activity data from the day you connect Google Fit with Pacer. Currently, Pacer will not sync Calories, Active time and Distance Data from Google Fit. We will use Pacer's own algorithm to calculate these data based on Steps synced from Google Fit.
**Manually logged activity data from Google Fit will be synced to Pacer, but will be deducted from all Pacer’s social features including group and challenge rankings unless your challenge administrator has chosen to allow manually input activity data.
What will not work in Pacer once Google Fit is connected?
If you choose to use Google Fit as your primary data source, you will still be able to use Pacer's GPS tracking and Workout features. However, since Google Fit is your primary data source, your Pacer Home screen will show Google Fit's data as your final daily result.
This means that you may notice some discrepancy between your activity recorded in Pacer via GPS tracked exercise or guided workouts and the data provided by Google Fit.
You will still be able to use Pacer's GPS tracking feature to participate in "Virtual Race" Challenges (previously called "Pace Challenges") like our weekly Global 5K's.