Pacer Android supports direct data syncing with Google Fit.
There are two ways to sync Pacer with Google Fit.
1. Launch Pacer, then tap the Settings gear icon (⚙️) in the left corner of Home page to go to Step Counter Settings page.
2. Switch on Save Power with Google Fit -> tap Activate. And then, follow the prompts to activate your Google Fit.
Please make sure the Google account to connect is exactly the one you are using, if you have multiple Google accounts.
And also, please allow Pacer to access data in your Google account.
3. Connect with Google Fit successfully and give yourself a high five.
If your Pacer is already connected to other 3rd party data source, then there will NOT be a Settings gear icon (⚙️) on your Home page. We suggest another way to connect Google Fit.
1. Launch Pacer and tap on Me in the bottom tab bar. Then tap the settings gear icon (⚙️) at the top right corner of the screen.
2. Scroll down to Data & Syncing, choose Steps Data Source, find "Save Power with Google Fit" and then tap Connect.
3. Follow the prompts to activate your Google Fit, confirm the Google account to connect, and allow Pacer to access all data.
You will then connect with Google Fit successfully.
Disconnecting Google Fit
There are two ways to disconnect Google Fit.
Method to Disconnect - 1
Tap the Settings gear icon (⚙️) on the Home page -> go to the Step Counter Settings page -> switch off "Saving Power with Google Fit" -> "DISCONNECT" Google Fit.
You can also enter the Step Counter Settings page by:
Pacer -> Me page -> Settings gear in the top right corner -> Steps Data Source -> tap "In Use" button -> enter "Step Counter Settings" page.
Follow the same steps above to DISCONNECT.
Method to Disconnect - 2
You can disconnect Google Fit by switching to use another data source: tap Me page -> Settings gear in the top right corner -> Steps Data Source.
Choose another Data Source, and tap "Connect". Once you connect a new data source, Google Fit will be disconnected automatically.
What data is synced between Google Fit and Pacer?
Synced from Google Fit to Pacer
- Manually logged activity**
*After you connect with Google Fit for the first time, Pacer will sync your past-7-days steps and activity data from the day you connect Google Fit with Pacer. Currently, Pacer will not sync Calories, Active time and Distance Data from Google Fit. We will use Pacer's own algorithm to calculate these data based on Steps synced from Google Fit.
**Manually logged activity data from Google Fit will be synced to Pacer, but will be deducted from all Pacer’s social features including group and challenge rankings unless your challenge administrator has chosen to allow manually input activity data.
What will not work in Pacer once Google Fit is connected?
If you choose to use Google Fit as your primary data source, you will still be able to use Pacer's GPS tracking and Workout features. However, since Google Fit is your primary data source, your Pacer Home screen will show Google Fit's data as your final daily result.
This means that you may notice some discrepancy between your activity recorded in Pacer via GPS tracked exercise or guided workouts and the data provided by Google Fit.
You will still be able to use Pacer's GPS tracking feature to participate in "Virtual Race" Challenges (previously called "Pace Challenges") like our weekly Global 5K's.